What the “DoF” stands for?
DoF means “degrees of freedom”. The term describes motions around an axis or along an axis. In Virtual Reality, DoF term is used to describe the axis that is being tracked. But what does it exactly mean?
The difference between 3DoF vs 6DoF: a real-life example
Yaw, Pitch and Roll that matter
Use cases of 3DoF in VR:
- Great use in hospitals and other medical places with limited space
- Adequate for disabled or elderly patients
- Helps to minimize nausea effects
- Great for relaxation and meditation experiences
Use cases of 6DoF in VR:
- Accurate for a more immersive effect
- Maximally imitates the natural movements in real world
- Great for interactive VR apps
- Finds its application in VR Industrial, Safety or Oil and Gas trainings